Aloe Vera from the Canary Islands
Numerous historical documents have expressed the many virtues of the Aloe Vera plant, its therapeutic properties for medicine or cosmetics purposes and its greats benefits for skincare.
Aloe Vera has various subspecies. Aloe Vera Barbadensis Miller is the most appreciated for its properties and it is the variety that grows wildly in the Canary Islands. This cactus with green and succulent leaves is found mainly on desert or semi-desert regions. The island of Lanzarote, with its volcanic soil, rich in minerals and oligoelements, and its arid climate provides the ideal setting for the development of the highest quality Aloe Vera.
In this composition, Aloe Vera contains water, resins, aloin, proteins, aminoacids and vitamins B12, B6, B5, B, A , C. Aloe Vera’s therapeutic properties do not only depend on its composition but due to the presence of oligoelements such as manganese, calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, zinc…
Amongst its many properties, Aloe Vera is ideal for the treatment of:
- Wounds, cuts, scars, burns, due to its healing capacity. Aloe Vera cleanses and hydrates cutaneous tissue. At the same time, it’s natural nutrients, vitamins and aminoacids, stimulate the generation of new skin cells.
- Inflammation caused by sprains, falling or strains thanks to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Cellulite and stretch marks. Continuous use of Aloe Vera promotes skin elasticity avoiding appearance of new marks, cellulite and reduction of existing ones.
- Insect bites or rashes: calms and soothes irritated skin.
- Moisturizes: at topical level, increases the absorption of water by the cells.
- Hair stimulator: provides nutrition of the hair follicle, stimulating scalp strength.
- Anti-acne: its disinfectant action prevents bacterial growth which cause the formation of pimples and blemishes.
- Anti-age: because of its high level of antioxidants, it helps fight against free radicals which contribute to aging.
- Deodorant: Absorbs and reduces body smells. Ideal for those who are allergic or find a natural alternative.
All these features make Aloe Vera an essential element in our homes and in our daily care.